Orem, Utah, United States
Our objective is to let you get to know the employees at Platinum Studio and keep you updated with the styles that are in right now. We are located at 594 E 800 S Orem, Utah. You can book an appointment by calling (801)371-8703 . Walk in's are very welcome. We have on staff hairstylists, Estheticians and nail artists.

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Meet Destiny Rayburn.....


PS: What inspired you to become a hairstylist?
DR: My bestfriend's mom owned her own salon and she would practice on me. That made me want to become a hairstylist. I looked at some schools here in Utah. I decided to apply and started school a year later.

PS: Where did you attend cosmetology school?
DR: Von Curtis Academy which is Paul Mitchell The School now.

PS:Where was the first place you started working after you graduated from Von Curtis Academy?
DR: I started out at Willow Salon and Day spa for 3 1/2 years and then moved over to Platinum Studio Salon.

PS: How long have you been working at Platinum Studio?
DR: Six years.

PS
: How long have you been doing hair?
DR: Ten years.

PS: What color line do you enjoy using on your clients?
DR: I really like using Schwarzkopf's color line.

PS: What styling products do you use on your clients?
DR: I also like using Schwarzkopf's product line.

PS: What is your favorite part of being a hairstylist?
DR: I like working in the atmosphere here at Platinum Studio. I like to meet and get to know different clients. I learn from each of them and it enriches me as a person.

PS: What hair service do you enjoy doing the most?
DR: I love doing color.

PS: What would you say you specialize in?
DR: I would say I specialize in color and also styling the hair.

PS: Do you try to continue your education with this industry and what do you enjoy the most about what you learn when you are there?
DR: I enjoy learning different techniques from the Internet. I usually learn something that makes me go out of my comfort zone so if my client requests a change I feel confident in doing it.

PS: What it is one thing you feel like you could improve at?
DR: I could improve on my short hairstyles and risk taking. I would like to learn more about how to cut and style curly hair better.

PS: If you could only use one styling product and styling tool on yourself what would they be?
DR: The product would be Schwarzkopf's sealed ends and a styling brush.

PS: What is your goal in this industry for the next five years?
DR: I want to continue to have a good clientele built. Stay updated in the newest trends. Focus on having a family soon which I would still do hair part time.

PS: Is there a famous hairstylist that inspires you?
DR: Paul Mitchell, he does a lot of charity work. I also was inspired by my mom's friend that made me want to be a hairstylist.

PS: What is one myth about hair that drives you crazy?
DR: Getting your haircut makes your hair grow faster.

Destiny does not accept new clients but would be happy to refer clients to other stylists that work at Platinum Studio.