Orem, Utah, United States
Our objective is to let you get to know the employees at Platinum Studio and keep you updated with the styles that are in right now. We are located at 594 E 800 S Orem, Utah. You can book an appointment by calling (801)371-8703 . Walk in's are very welcome. We have on staff hairstylists, Estheticians and nail artists.

Thursday, December 10, 2009

Meet Jenni Mason.....


























PS: What inspired you to become a hairstylist?
JM: After graduating high school I did not have the urge to attend college so I decided to try cosmetology school instead and fell in love with it.

PS: Where did you attend cosmetology school?
JM: Bon Losee Academy of hair

PS: Where was the first place you started working after you graduated from Bon Losee?
JM: I started out at Regis Salon in the Provo Towne mall , then I moved over to Sizzors Aveda Salon in Orem and worked there for eleven months. My friend, Tiffani Ford who I worked with at Sizzors told me about Platinum Studio Salon that her brother in-law owned at the time. They had opened up a new location in Orem and so we both decided to start working there and I have loved it here ever since.

PS: How long have you been working at Platinum Studio?
JM: Seven years

PS: How long have you been doing hair?
JM: Eight years

PS: What color line do you enjoy using on your clients?
JM: Goldwell

PS: What styling products to you use on clients?
JM: I really like using Schwarzkopf's Osis products and Tigi's Bedhead products.

PS: What is your favorite part of being a hairstylist?
JM: Making people look and feel good about themselves when they leave. Also I get to work with my best friends almost everyday who wouldn't love that?

PS: What hair service do you enjoy doing the most?
JM: I like doing color and cuts on clients.

PS: What would you say you specialize in?
JM: I like to customize my haircuts to each client. I usually shy away from the normal "cookie cutter" haircuts.

PS: Do you try to continue your education with this industry and what do you enjoy the most about what you learn when you are there?
JM: Yes, you have to continue your education if you are going to keep up with the updated styles. I would say my favorite part of the hair shows that I attend would be learning all the new styles and bringing them back to Utah County.

PS: What is one thing that you feel you could improve at?
JM: I want to be able to take bigger risks with clients hair when they request it. Sometimes when they request maybe something a little bit riskier than normal I get nervous that they will change their mind and be upset with me.

PS: If you could have only one styling product and styling tool to use on yourself what would they be?
JM: I would say Schwarzkopf's Moisture Kick spray conditioner and a flatiron. With the flatiron I can straighten or curl my hair with it.

PS: What is your goal in this industry for the next five years?
JM: It would be to keep continuing my education, to be even a better hairstylist and continue increasing my clientele.

PS: Is there a famous hairstylist that inspires you?
JM: Nick Arrojo. I met him at a New York Hair show. To watch him cut hair at these shows is inspiring to be a better hairstylist.

PS: What is one myth about hair that drives you crazy?
JM: If you pull a gray hair out two will grow back. It's not true!!

Jenni is accepting new clients. Book your appointment today!